TL's Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing.
You can have TL's Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of TL's Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing
- It's 1 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of salt ( i use sea salt).
- You need 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 can of betty crocker cream cheese icing.
TL's Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing step by step
- In large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water and let stand 5-10 min.
- In small saucepan melt 1/3 cup butter and the milk. Cook only until butter is melted. Cool to warm..
- Stir butter mixture, sugar, nutmeg and salt into yeast mixture. Using heavy duty mixer fitted with paddle attachment and set on low speed beat flour in 1/2 cup at a time until yeast mixture forms stiff dough..
- Turn dough onto slightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Add more flour if needed to prevent sticking..
- Place dough in large greased bowl turning to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled. About one hour..
- To prepare filling, In a saucepan mix together butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook until butter is melted..
- Grease 2 baking sheets. Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Using a lightly floured rolling pin roll each half into 24x10 inch rectangles . spread filling evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges..
- Starting with long side roll up rectangles tightly jelly roll style. Pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 12 two inch pieces..
- Place rolls 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Cover loosely with damp cloth and let rise 30 min..
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush rolls with lightly beaten egg..
- Bake 8 min. Cool to warm and add icing..