Panzanella. Panzanella [pantsaˈnɛlla] or panmolle [pamˈmɔlle] is a Tuscan chopped salad of soaked stale bread, onions and tomatoes that is popular in the summer. It often includes cucumbers, sometimes basil and is dressed with olive oil and vinegar. It is also popular in other parts of central Italy.
Panzanella is really a way to use up crusty bread that has gotten hard and to celebrate perfect summer tomatoes. It is a cooling summertime salad that relies on the bread as the "filler" to soak up the juices. Classic Panzanella Salad (Tuscan-Style Tomato-and-Bread Salad). You can cook Panzanella using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Panzanella
- You need 5 slices of ready-made garlic toast (about 3/4 in thick).
- It's 1 of medium red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of English cucumber, de-seeded and chopped.
- It's 6 of baby tomatoes (I used 2 colour romanellas).
- Prepare 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of capers.
- It's 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh dill, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It's of Zest of 1 orange.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It's 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of freshly cracked black pepper.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
A fresh and summery Italian classic. But panzanella is more than just another tomato salad with some croutons - give everything about a Panzanella needs a good half hour, or up to four hours, for the bread to absorb the tomato juices and. Panzanella, the Italian bread and tomato salad, is a great way to use up a stale loaf. How do you stop it being bland or soggy - or do you have a better recipe for bread past its best?
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Your garlic toast should already come pre-buttered, so just put it in the pan for a few minutes per side to toast it up. When they're crunchy and slightly scorched, remove them to cool..
- Put the bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, capers, shallot, dill, basil and lemon and orange zest in a large mixing bowl..
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing into the bowl of veg. Cut the garlic toast into bite-sized pieces and add them as well. Toss everything together, then refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight. When serving, use a veggie peeler to top the salad with slivers of parmesan cheese..
Traditional panzanella is made with stale, dried bread that's rehydrated from a dressing of sweet tomato juices, vinegar and plenty of olive oil. This version also includes some mozzarella for richness. 🎦 Panzanella. Panzanella [pantsaˈnɛlla] or panmolle [pamˈmɔlle] is a Tuscan chopped salad of bread and tomatoes that is popular in the summer. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Panzanella is an Italian bread salad.