Copycat Thin Mint Cookies - Crazy Easy!. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer — dark, semi-sweet chips, chocolate "coating" "confectionery" or "dipping" wafers or chocolate with a bit of coconut oil or shortening mixed. Thin Mints (Copycat) are the recipe you need to have the popular Girl Scout cookies all year round. While most of our Copycat Recipes are savory, sometimes we get a sweet tooth craving for our favorite big brand desserts.
Instead of drizzling chocolate I dipped cookie face down into chocolate melted in. Homemade thin mint cookies come together using my chocolate sugar cookies recipe, a splash of peppermint extract, and a divine coating of chocolate. You'll love these copycat thin mint cookies for when you have a craving and there's no Girl Scout Cookie box to be found. You can cook Copycat Thin Mint Cookies - Crazy Easy! using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Copycat Thin Mint Cookies - Crazy Easy!
- You need 1 cup of chocolate of choice (see note).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of mint extract.
- Prepare 18 of Ritz Crackers (Approx).
Copycat Thin Mints Cookies - Saving Dollars & Sense. These Keto Thin Mints are sugar free cookies that everyone will love! My famous low carb and gluten-free Thin Mint Cookies are the perfect way to indulge in Girl Scout cookies without all the. You'll never guess these Copycat Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies are grain free, refined sugar free, and paleo-friendly!
Copycat Thin Mint Cookies - Crazy Easy! step by step
- Melt chocolate. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer - dark, semi-sweet chips, chocolate “coating” “confectionery” or “dipping” wafers or chocolate with a bit of coconut oil or shortening mixed into it. I used Wilbur dark chocolate wafers..
- Melt via bain marie method, short bursts in the microwave or in a saucepan. I prefer the bain marie method - it's easiest to control and maintain the chocolate temp. I do not bother tempering the chocolate for this recipe..
- Mix in ¾ teaspoon mint extract to melted chocolate. This might cause your chocolate to thicken up a little - depending on what type of chocolate you're using..
- Dip the Ritz crackers in the chocolate. I drop it in the bowl, gently flip it around with a fork and remove it carefully with two forks. Let excess chocolate drip off. If chocolate is too viscous, you might have to scrape excess off..
- Place dipped cookies onto cookie sheet with wax paper..
- Cool and store cookies in fridge. These cookies are best eaten straight from the fridge. Enjoy : ).
- Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.
They taste like the real deal!! Easy Homemade Copycat Thin Mint Cookie Recipe. Your choice of chocolate: baker's chocolate (semi-sweet, dark, or milk) OR Andes Mints AND your choice of cookie base: Ritz cracker, Oreo Thins, or Nilla Wafers! Our Low-Carb Thin Mint Cookies are a sugar-free and grain free version of the Girl Scout cookie we all love! These cookies are perfect for those on low-carb, lc/hf, Atkins, keto, grain-free, gluten-free, diabetic, and Banting diets.