Vickys Cinnamon Pumpkin Halloween Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Cinnamon Pumpkin Halloween Scones, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cinnamon Pumpkin Halloween Scones, GF DF EF SF NF
- It's of Dry.
- Prepare 360 grams (3 cups) of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 70 grams (1/3 cup) of soft brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It's 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- You need of Wet.
- Prepare 75 grams (1/3 cup) of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine / butter.
- Prepare 140 grams (1/2 cup) of pumpkin puree.
- You need 90 grams (1/2 cup) of cinnamon chips, recipe linked below.
- It's 80 ml of light coconut milk (1/3 cup).
- It's 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare of milk of choice and cinnamon sugar.
Vickys Cinnamon Pumpkin Halloween Scones, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in the margarine with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon chips, milk, lemon juice and vanilla, kneading until you form a soft dough. Don't overwork it https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344837-vickys-homemade-cinnamon-chips https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332869-vickys-homemade-buttermilk-substitute.
- Pat out the dough on a floured surface until 3/4 inch thick if using novelty shape cutters or 1" thick for fluted round 2cm cutters. If using gluten-free flour let the dough rest for 15 minutes to let the xanthan gum work it's magic.
- Cut into the desired shapes and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with milk to glaze then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. A simple mix is 5 tsp sugar to a 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until risen and golden.
- You can split the scones in half and sandwich back together with a maple cream. Just whip some coconut cream until stiff then fold in some maple syrup to taste. Delicious!.