Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney. Topped with homemade cranberry chutney (or the topping of your choice), this baked brie is incredibly easy to make and will leave your guests begging for more! Crispy little phyllo "purses" encase morsels of buttery baked Brie in this hors d'oeuvre. Scoop up some of the tangy-sweet cranberry chutney with each nibble of the cheese of a delectable contrast in taste and texture.
He brings creativity to the table with bold flavors and spices in his new Food Network cooking show, Man Crafted. While the chutney cools, place the brie on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer the Brie to a serving platter and top with chutney and toasted pecans. You can cook Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- It's 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of cranberries.
- You need 4 tsp of cider vinegar.
- It's 1/3 cup of dark raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- It's 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 2 1/4 lb of brie wheel.
- Prepare 1 loaf of french bread or party loaf.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney is a perfect Thanksgiving dish… and the chutney pairs well with your holiday entree, so be sure to use the additional chutney to serve with Thanksgiving dinner. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. To serve: Place Brie in an ovenproof shallow dish. Spread chutney over top of cheese.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney step by step
- to make chutney: combine water & sugar in saucepan, stir & bring to boil. add cranberries, Congrats, nuts, sugar, ginger & garlic. boil slowly, stirring till thick 5-10 min. cool & refrigerated..
- place brie in a shallow dish. spread chutney over top of cheese. bake at 350 for 5-10 min, just to soften brie..
Lightly brush ovenproof plate with vegetable oil. Place unpeeled cheese on center of plate. This round wheel of Brie is dusted with curry powder, then spread with a mango chutney, studded with chopped cashews, and baked until the cheese inside the rind is melted. The sweet/savory combination is creamy and delicious. Unwrap the brie and pile the cranberry chutney on the top (use about a cup +-).