You can cook Onion Pups using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion Pups
- Prepare of Pups.
- It's of all-purpose flour.
- You need of yellow cornmeal.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- It's of Fontina cheese, grated.
- It's of medium onion, finely grated with food processor, with onion's juices.
- Prepare of beer (or milk works).
- Prepare of eggs , lightly beaten.
- You need of Other Ingredients.
- Prepare of panko bread crumbs (for dredge).
- You need of peanut oil (for deep frying).
- You need of Favorite dipping sauce(s).
Onion Pups step by step
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the pups ingredients and stir well. The dough will be kind of sticky..
- Form into balls with a small cookie dough scoop, roll in panko bread crumbs to coat completely, and set on plate. Chill in fridge for 20 min. or flash freeze for later cooking..
- When all pups have been formed, deep fry at 320°F for 7-1/2 minutes until golden brown..
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. I like best dipped in ranch dressing! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368587-kellys-buttermilk-ranch-dressing.
- I make triple batches at a time and, before frying, I spread them out on a cookie sheet and freeze. When solid, after about 2 hours in the freezer, I vacuum seal them with my Food Saver and store in the freezer for late-night cravings. No need to thaw before deep frying..