Homemade cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese frosting. Angie Montroy of Angie's Pantry demonstrates how to make mouth watering homemade Cinnamon Rolls. For detailed instruction, visit my blog:-). Cream cheese, sugar, splash of cream.
There's no reason to buy refrigerated dough-in-a-tube rolls or go Cinnabon for your fix. Topped with cream cheese frosting, homemade cinnamon rolls are perfect for the holidays or a weekend. These homemade cinnamon rolls are the kind you dream about, just like bakery style cinnamon rolls. You can have Homemade cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese frosting using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese frosting
- You need of Dough.
- You need 1/4 oz of yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of scalded milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's of Filling.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, melted. Plus a little extra for pan..
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar, plus more for pan..
- It's 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- It's 4 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It's 4 oz of butter, softened.
- You need 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
They are baked with heavy cream poured on top then smothered with cream. Delicious and fluffy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls topped with a cream cheese frosting. This quick and easy recipe will become your favorite dessert after one try. While the rolls are baking you will want to make the frosting for your cinnamon roll recipe.
Homemade cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese frosting instructions
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth..
- Mix in yeast mixture..
- Mix in remaining flour until dough in easy to handle..
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes. Or use a mixer with a dough hook, on low speed for 5 minutes..
- Place in well grease bowl, cover, and let sit for 90 minutes. The dough should have doubled in size..
- Once ready, punch dough down. Roll out onto a floured surface into a 15x9 rectangle..
- Spread the 1/2 cup melted butter all over the dough. Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on melted butter on dough..
- Beginning at the 15 inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12-15 slices..
- Coat the bottom of the baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon rolls close together in pan but they don't have to touch..
- Cover and let sit for 45 minutes, until dough is doubled..
- Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until nicely browned..
- While those are baking, mix softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. It works best to add the powdered sugar a cup at a time. And if you want thinner frosting, you can add a little milk while mixing..
- Once cinnamon rolls are done baking, spread cream cheese frosting on warm rolls. Let stand for about 30 minutes..
Soft, sweet, no-knead cinnamon rolls with a decadent vanilla cream cheese icing makes for an easy yet unforgettable breakfast! Spread that icing generously over all the rolls, and serve warm to people you love. You'll be their favorite person of the year. The cinnamon rolls by themselves aren't overly sweet, but with some cream cheese icing, they're just the right sweetness for me. Here's a photo tutorial showing you how to make these delicious homemade cinnamon rolls.