Beef Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30).
You can cook Beef Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30)
- It's 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of sweet onion, diced.
- It's 2 of medium sweet potatoes, diced.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- It's 1 of small can of diced, no-salt-added tomatos.
- It's 1 of large can of crushed San Marzano tomatos.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of water or compliant beef broth.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare of guacamole or avocado (as a topping).
Beef Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place sweet potatoes and carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil..
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until pieces are soft..
- While veggies are roasting, saute onion, garlic and bell peppers until onion is translucent in a large stock pot or dutch oven..
- Add beef to the pot, crumbling it so it breaks up, then add the dry seasonings and saute until beef is cook through and no longer pink..
- Add the tomatoes and water/broth to the pot and bring to a simmer..
- As soon as the roasting veggies are soft, remove from the oven and add to the simmering chili..
- Cover and continue to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally..
- Serve with guacamole or sliced avocado on top..