Chicken Satay Curry. Chicken Satay Curry - this is how you get your satay fix! Our Chicken Satay Curry has a beautifully, rich glossy sauce and is packed full with our favourite, tasty vegetables. If you have extra veg that you want to use up then you can definitely add it into this dish.
This Thai-inspired coconut curry chicken satay recipe is paired with a delicious peanut sauce. Creamy coconut milk is whisked together with earthy curry powder. It is packed with healthy fats and protein. You can cook Chicken Satay Curry using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay Curry
- You need 2 of chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk (reduced fat recommended),.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp deep roast peanut butter,.
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander,.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped into chunks,.
- It's 125 g of mangetout and baby corn,.
- Prepare 2 tsp of medium curry powder,.
- You need 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic,.
- You need 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger puree paste,.
- You need 2 tsp of fish sauce,.
- You need of Ground white pepper and salt to season,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare of To garnish (optional):.
- It's A few of crushed unsalted peanuts,.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies, stalk and seeds removed, chopped finely,.
- Prepare of Some chopped fresh coriander leaves,.
- You need 2 of wedges of fresh lime.
- Prepare of Serving suggestion:.
- Prepare of Steamed white rice.
Chicken Satay is a delicious alternative to your standard saucy Thai curries, with chicken marinated in a positively potent mixture of red curry paste and coconut, seared to perfection and served up with. Boneless chicken strips marinated with curry powder based marinade, skewered onto satay sticks and grilled. These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather. And if they did, that would be okay.
Chicken Satay Curry step by step
- Heat a wok up over a medium heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Fry until fragrant then add in the chicken pieces. Fry until the chicken is cooked and golden on all sides..
- Season with salt and a pinch of ground white pepper. Add the mangetout and baby corn. Fry for a further 2-3 mins. Next add in the curry powder, the peanut butter and the light soy sauce. Gently stir through to coat the chicken and veg. Pour in the coconut milk and add the fish sauce plus the brown sugar. Stir then bring to a gentle simmer..
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced down by half and thickened. Before serving add in half of the chopped coriander and mix through..
- Serve up and garnish with fresh chopped red chillies, coriander leaves and some crushed peanuts. Add a couple of wedges of fresh lime on the side. Eat and enjoy! :).
Chicken satay is not peanut sauce chicken. It is supposed to have a curry flavour from the marinade. This dairy-free chicken satay curry recipe, is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! High in iron and fibre, it is also diabetes-friendly and has an easy gluten-free option. What a perfect easy lunch or dinner.