You can have Snack Bars using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snack Bars
- Prepare of Oat mixture.
- It's 3 cups of rolled oats.
- You need 1 cup of chopped dates.
- It's 1 cup of pecans.
- It's 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- You need of Sugar mixture.
- You need 1/3 cup of fig preserves.
- It's 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of loose packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It's 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate cocoa powder unsweetened.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
Snack Bars instructions
- In a pan toast the oats and nuts. Set aside..
- In a pot melt the honey, butter, cinnamon, sugar, salt, vanilla, and chocolate. When these ingredients are incorporated it will be ready..
- Mix the oats, dates, raisins, and nuts..
- Mix the oat mixture with the sugar mixture. Spray a big pan with nonstick spray. Press the warm bar mixture onto the pan. Make sure to get this equal. I sprayed the bottom of the spatula to press the mixture down hard..
- Let cool and cut into bars. I put into the freezer for 2 hours then cut it. I wrapped the extra in waxed paper. Can be frozen. I hope you enjoy!!.