Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce.
You can have Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce
- You need of 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes (I prefer a good italian brand over Hunts).
- Prepare of - 3 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need of onion (I typically use 1/2 large red onion) - diced.
- Prepare of to 3 garlic cloves - chopped or minced.
- Prepare of carrot (chopped).
- You need of to 6 basil leaves - fresh (may use dried 2 tbls).
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It's of to 2 Bay leaves.
- It's of red wine vinegar.
- It's of dry white wine (choose a wine you like).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste (1-2 tsp each usually).
- Prepare of + red pepper flakes (optional).
Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce instructions
- Heat oil in 2-3 qt pot at med-hi. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent. (approx 2-3 min).
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil momentarily then simmer covered. Stir occasionally. (45 min).
- Transfer sauce to blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency. (chunky sauce - a few good pulses; blend full speed if preferred smooth).
- **NOTE** Add diced bell peppers or different cheeses for different flavors of sauce.