Apple upside-down french toast. Peel and core apple slices, and place slices in rows together overlapping on top of sauce in pan. Spoon sauce in pan over French toast. How to Make Upside Down Apple French Toast.
Remove from heat and gently whisk in the heavy cream. This French toast may remind you of a perfectly caramelized tarte tatin, the luscious French upside-down apple tart. The French toast will come out moist, succulent, and adorned with a fragrant m?lange of apple and banana. You can cook Apple upside-down french toast using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple upside-down french toast
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 3 of granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 of loaf whole-wheat french bread cut into 1 1/2 in. thick slices.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of low fat milk.
- It's 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1 cup of toasted sliced almonds or chopped walnuts.
Serve it just as is without any additional fruit, butter or syrup. Who doesn't love a baked French toast casserole for a leisurely Sunday brunch? It's a great option to feed a group because you make it the night before, let it sit in the fridge, and then when it's time, you just pop it into the oven. Unfortunately, most recipes tend to be pretty high on the carb scale, because.
Apple upside-down french toast instructions
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until bubbles appear, stirring frequently. Pour in a 13 X 9 baking pan and spread evenly on the bottom. Let cool. Place apple slices in rows, close together, on top of sauce in the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Place bread slices on top of apples..
- Combine milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour over bread in pan. Sprinkle nutmeg on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover pan and place in oven. Bake 60 min. or until golden brown and crispy on top. Scoop servings so that apple slices are on top. Spoon sauce from the pan over each serving. Sprinkle with almonds or walnuts if using..
Perfect for guests around the holidays, this indulgent, clever take on upside-down cake and French toast all at once is "easy to make and you can prepare it ahead of time without spending too much time in the kitchen the. Looking for a new twist on a classic breakfast disk?! Check out our overnight upside down apple french toast! With just a little ghee and some apples. Place slices in large bowl with ½ Tablespoon cinnamon and toss to coat.