Perfect Pizza Dough. Perfect Pizza Dough Recipe: Pizza is one of the simplest dishes you can make as a home baker. After you learn how to make this SUPER tasty sourdough pizza crust you'll never get. It will be the best and only pizza dough recipe you ever need!
It can be stretched thin and bakes up with a pillowy edge (technical term. How to Make Perfect Pizza Dough. Try buying high-gluten flour from a local pizzeria that makes its own dough, or from a bakery. You can cook Perfect Pizza Dough using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect Pizza Dough
- It's 3 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- It's of extra flour for kneading.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (red, white or black).
- It's of olive oil.
- You need 2.5 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
Two-Bite Garlic Rolls: Divide perfect pizza dough in half. This perfect pizza dough bakes up into crust that is crisp and chewy at the same time - and if you follow our recipe, we promise you'll be making pizza at home that rivals some of the best pizzarias. This is my new favourite recipe for pizza dough; it's so easy and works so well. I was watching a recent episode ("Pizza Party") of his show and went to the web as soon as it was over to get the recipe.
Perfect Pizza Dough step by step
- In a large bowl mix together both bread flours, my active dry yeast, mustard powder, garlic powder, sugar, and ground pepper..
- Add water and mix until the dough starts to stick to itself and there is no dry flour left in the bowl. Cover and let sit for 8 to 12 hours..
- Uncover the dough and mix in one to two tablespoons of olive oil and mix until it has fully combined with the dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for 30 mins..
- After the dough has proofed for a bit, slice it into 3 to 4 (if you want thin crust) equal sized pieces. Kneed dough on well floured surface, adding additional flour as you go until each dough ball becomes self contained and is not as sticky as it was before..
- Place dough balls in ziploc bags making sure to get as much air in as possible so the dough can rise some more. Store in fridge (or freezer to use weeks later), before use let dough get to room temp by letting the dough in the bag sit on the counter for 30 mins to an hour before cooking..
Place a pizza stone on the floor of a gas oven or the bottom rack of electric oven. Learn how to make this pizza crust recipe in our cookbook Ooni: Cooking With Fire and prepare an They come together to create the perfect foundation for any good Italian pizza - perfect pizza dough. Reviews for: Photos of Perfect Every Time Pizza or Calzone Dough. This pizza dough develops its tender texture and subtle yet complex flavor through its slow, three-day rise. I have been on the search for the perfect pizza dough for some time and I think I have it.