Cajun chicken pasta salad. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine. Chicken Cajun Pasta Salad = Best Picnic Lunch. Make pasta salad, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions.
Or your belly if you decide to make this Cajun twist on the classic chicken salad. It's easy enough, you can basically prep the ingredients as the chicken is poaching. This Cajun pasta salad recipe will brighten up any summer potluck, picnic, or BBQ! You can have Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- It's of Orecchiette pasta.
- It's of Cavatapi pasta.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- Prepare of Italian dressing.
- It's of French dressing.
- You need of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- You need of Black olives.
- Prepare of Green onion.
- It's of Yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- It's of The best olive oil you can find.
It has tender marinated chicken and a zesty creamy dressing. This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere's - thank you for supporting the brands that keep Salt & Lavender cooking! Easy One Pot Cajun Chicken & Pasta Recipe. There are several ways you can customize this super simple and delicious one pot pasta.
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain... set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil...and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people.... use amounts that make sense to you (I know....for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
BUT you can adjust the heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper in the Cajun seasoning. You can cut it in half for just. Cajun chicken pasta is Cajun seasoned chicken tossed with a cream sauce and linguini. The highlight of this recipe is the cream sauce, this well-seasoned alfredo style sauce is nothing short of amazing. The good news is, you probably have a lot of the ingredients for this recipe on hand.