Basque Burnt Cheesecake. This cheesecake is the alter ego to the classic New York-style cheesecake with a press-in cookie crust. Inspired by a Basque version, this is the cheesecake that wants to get burnt, cracked, and. This burnt basque cheesecake originates in Basque Country (hence the name).
A simple cheesecake that is the opposite of what you would imagine the perfect cheesecake to be. Overly dark on the top, no biscuit or sponge base. The unmistakable unique looking Basque Burnt Cheesecake with its deeply caramelised top that challenges the concept of the perfect baked cheesecake has been on my mind for some time ever. You can have Basque Burnt Cheesecake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- It's 430 g of cream cheese, heat over double boiler.
- You need 65 g of ground brown sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs (150g).
- It's 270 g of heavy cream (35% min fat content).
- Prepare 20 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tsp of lemon juice.
It is a crustless cheesecake that is cooked at very high heat. This results in its rustic appearance with cracked edges. I was convinced that the cheesecake from my second cookbook sweet was the best I had made. Basque burnt cheesecakes are well known to be the easiest cheesecake to make.
Basque Burnt Cheesecake instructions
- Beat sugar & cream cheese on medium until smooth & no sugar granules.
- Add egg one at a time, beat on medium until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice, beat until just mixed.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and cream 1/4 of the cream until smooth. Continue little by little and mix until smooth.
- Slowly pour mixture in cheese batter whilst mixer is beating on low until mixed through. Increase speed to medium & mix for 15 secs to ensure it's all combined. Tap of excess air bubbles..
- 240C for 30-35mins. Middle shelf (if you want to serve it cold, baked lesser amount of time).
- Let cheesecake completely cool in tin before removing..
I first tasted burnt Basque cheesecake long before it became world-famous. Now it even has its own hashtag on Instagram! This easy burnt Basque cheesecake recipe comes from the Devour Tours. This burnt cheesecake is originated from Basque in Spain. The traditional recipe contains only cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, eggs and flour.