Desi Vegetarian Chili.
You can have Desi Vegetarian Chili using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Desi Vegetarian Chili
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion - diced roughly.
- It's 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper - diced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper - diced.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper - diced.
- It's 1 of jalapeno pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet corn.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes or pasta sauce or 2 tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- It's 1 of cinammon stick.
- It's Bunch of fresh basil leaves (optional).
- It's 1 tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of Garam masala powder.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of Red chilli powder - to taste.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder (optional).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lime squeezed or 2 tablespoon lime juice.
Desi Vegetarian Chili instructions
- Put oil in a Crock-Pot express pan and turn on saute mode. Add onions and saute till translucent. Then add bell peppers, cinammon stick and bay leaf and saute..
- Add all the canned beans and continue sauteing. Add all spices..
- Add tomatoes/tomato pasta sauce. Add 1 cup or half cup of water..
- Switch Crock-Pot express to beans/chilli mode and set for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, quick release the steam (optional, can also let it naturally release)..
- Take out half cup to 1 cup of chilli from Crock-Pot, blend it and then pour it back into the chilli. Put lime juice in. Taste and see if anything is missing..
- Garnish with cheese and spring onions. Serve with dollop of sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips..