Date oatmeal cookie. Oatmeal cookies have always been one of my favorites. I've made them many, many times — sometimes with raisins, other times with chocolate chips or coconut. Oatmeal Date Cookies are chewy, nutty treats with just the right amount of sweetness.
These chewy oatmeal cookies get warm, complex flavor from cardamom and caramelly Medjool dates. They won't spread much and aren't completely even in shape, which adds to their rustic appeal. Reviews for: Photos of Oatmeal Date Cookies. You can have Date oatmeal cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date oatmeal cookie
- It's 10 oz of pitted date.
- You need 2 cups of quick cook oats flour.
- Prepare 8 tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- It's 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mahleb ground.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm milk +3 teaspoon.
Oatmeal Date Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. This delicious recipe for oatmeal cookies with date filling will have everyone in your house reaching for the cookie jar.
Date oatmeal cookie step by step
- Over medium heat with 4 tablespoon of the butter add the date and smash till you get paste add 1 tablespoon cardamom and cinnamon let it cool.
- Roll it to thin paper using sprayed film.
- Mix all the dry ingredients mix with 4 tablespoon cold butter look like sand and start adding the warm milk the last 3 spoons mix one at time.
- The dough will be not hard and not sticky spray it and let rest for half hour.
- Roll the dough paper thin then add on top the date and start rolling like cinnamon roll and start cutting I used knife but use floss for sharp cut.
- About inch some shape I used a cookie cutter then brush with milk please lay it on top paper parchment so it will not burn the bottom.
- At reheated oven 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes keep watching the bottom of the cookie enjoy 😉.
In making cookies for Christmas I was trying to keep in mind what I had in my cabinets (instead of running out for more supplies). I love oatmeal cookies and these have it all. Chewy, soft, crispy all at the same time. Cream shortening and sugars; add. cinnamon, baking soda, dates and oatmeal. A combination of flavor and texture makes these cookies the perfect addition to your morning coffee.