Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan. Wash green lentils and burghul really well. Mujaddara consists of cooked lentils together with groats, generally rice, and garnished with sautéed onions. Mujaddara is the Arabic word for "pockmarked".
Mujaddara is a simple but flavorful rice and lentil pilaf, topped with sweet caramelized onions. The rice and lentils should have absorbed all the broth and be soft and tender all the way through. Top the Mujaddara with the reserved caramelized onions and serve! You can have Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan
- You need 1 1/2 cups of green lentils.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of burghul.
- It's 1 tbsp of salt.
- It's 4 cups of water.
- You need 5 of brown onions.
- You need 1/2 cups of cooking oil.
Easy yellow Indian lentil dhal simmers the yellow lentils in vegetable broth, turmeric, and cayenne for a spicy vegetarian side dish. Mung dal, sometimes spelled "moong dal," or Indian-flavored yellow lentils, are a traditional vegetarian Indian recipe. Wipe clean the saucepan in which you fried the onion and drop in the cumin and coriander seeds. Vegan Food Blog with Healthy and Flavorful Vegan Recipes.
Moojhadara (Lentil and Burghul) *Vegan instructions
- Wash green lentils and burghul really well..
- Boil green lentils in a pot with 4 cups of water around 10 mins until half cooked..
- Add burghul into a pot, mix with green lentils well, cover the pot until the water reduces completely..
- Peel and wash the onions, slice them ring shaped, put them in saute pan..
- Add cooking oil on top of sliced onoins, fry with high fire until turns brown, drain the oil..
- Put fried onion on top of Moojhadara and its ready to serve with fattush salad..
Most dal soups and curries/gravies are naturally glutenfree and generally vegan if not cooked in butter or cream. This delicious lentil and potato side dish doubles as a vegan/vegetarian main course. Simply break out your slow cooker and let dinner make itself! One of the Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus from The Culinary Institute of America's Menus of Change initiative is to move In place of traditional beef, she uses lentils to make a protein-packed vegetarian burger patty. These vegan Lentil Burgers are the ultimate in tasty veggie burgers that you can make at home!