Bread Pudding (For leftover breads). In general, soft and airy breads are best for absorbing the custard. To reheat, cut bread pudding into pieces and cook them in a little butter on the stovetop until crisp on each side. It goes without saying that the most popular leftover bread dish is the bread pudding our grandmas used to make.
Leftover bread really does make the best pudding and it's perfect if you've got a. Leftover cornbread makes easy homemade breadcrumbs. Whirl in the food processor or. You can cook Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding (For leftover breads)
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- It's 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- You need 1 can of condensed milk (14oz).
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It's 1 tbsp of Lemon rind.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It's half of loaf bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins or nuts (optional).
Now, smart home cooks who want to reduce food waste rely on this bread pudding recipe to help them create a delicious dish from scraps and just a few other simple ingredients. I've been serving this dish for years and always receive compliments on it. When you make something like our Chiles Rellenos Strata recipe (above), or this Mushroom and Gruyere Bread Pudding , you can often get away with using heartier whole-grain breads too. Place the bread pudding in the freezer, making sure to leave it flat.
Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) step by step
- Mix all ingredients except the bread and nuts.
- Pre Heat oven 200 degrees for 10-15mins.
- Brush the pan with the butter.
- Slice the loaf bread into cubes and put it in the pan.
- Pour the mixture and make sure that all bread will get soaked.
- Put on top the nuts or raisins.
- Cover it with foil to avoin burning the top of the pudding.
- Put it in the oven for 45mins using baine marie (Pan in another pan with water).
- After 45 mins, check if the pudding is still wet and put it back in the oven for another 10 mins..
However, just remember that it can only be frozen once it has been baked entirely. If you attempt to freeze it with the liquid it will separate and go completely soggy. I've been serving this dish for years and always receive compliments on it. Christmas time can inspire a bread pudding by simply substituting a good-quality eggnog for the milk (or part of it). Also add a pinch of nutmeg and mace to produce a sumptuous holiday dessert.