Glowing skin – that too, with absolutely no aid from makeup! Sounds a bit unbelievable, right? Though it sounds far fetched, it is definitely achievable. However, turning this dream into reality comes with a slight catch – it does need some serious hard work from your side.
As they say, time and effort will definitely yield results. To know more about how you can achieve glowing skin with simple concoctions that you can brew at home, keep reading.
DIY Homemade Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Here are a few simple homemade face packs for glowing skin:
1. Honey And Milk Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cotton ball
- Warm the milk slightly and mix it with the honey.
- Apply this mixture on the face with the cotton ball while it is still warm.
- Now, let it get soaked into your skin for at least 10 minutes. You can leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water first and then with cold water.
- 1 egg
- 5-6 drops almond oil
- Beat the egg till it is frothy, and add the almond oil to this. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the face.
- This will give you instant shine and glow in just 12 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons rose water
- Mix the turmeric powder with the baking powder.
- Slowly add the rose water and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack on your face and leave it on for five minutes.
- Wet your fingertips and massage your face in gentle circular motions to remove dead skin. Keep massaging for a few minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water. Pat dry.
4. Cucumber Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- A cucumber
- Grate the cucumber and blend it into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Moisturize as usual.
5. Yogurt Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- ½ cup sour yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- Take the yogurt and add the lemon juice or orange juice to it. Mix well.
- Apply on the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and then splash some cold water immediately to tighten the pores.
6. Orange Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- Orange peels
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Water or rose water
- Dry the orange peels in the sun for two to three days.
- Grind them to make a fine powder.
- To two tablespoons of this powder, add the sandalwood powder and enough water to make a paste.
- Apply this on the face and rinse after 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can store the rest of the orange peel powder in an airtight container for future use.
7. Banana Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a clean mixer grinder or with a hand blender, blend the ripe banana with the honey.
- Use this pack on the face for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
8. Strawberry Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 6-10 fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mash the strawberries with a hand blender or in a mixer along with the honey. Do not use strawberries in the tinned, canned, frozen or packed pulp forms that are available in the market.
- Apply this pack on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow it by a wash with cold water.
Have you used any of these face packs before? Do let us know in the comments below.