My homemade pasta sauce. Choose From A Delicious Array Of Authentic Italian Pasta Sauces. Learning to make a delicious and authentic homemade pasta sauce is high on the to-do list for a new wife Why Homemade Pasta Sauce? When I married into the family, I became privy to Nonna's (my husband's grandmother) pasta sauce recipe that uses pre-canned tomato sauce and diced tomatoes (that she probably canned herself).
Nothing quite like making your own pasta sauce! Footnotes Partner Tip; Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup. This spaghetti sauce recipe may be the first thing I learned to cook, completely by myself, when I was really young. You can cook My homemade pasta sauce using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My homemade pasta sauce
- You need of sauce.
- It's of 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of anchovy filets.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It's of of garlic, minced.
- It's of fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- It's of salt.
- You need of of water, use crushed tomato can.
- It's of grated Parmesan.
As I got better at cooking and baking (and because I loved it so much) I can specifically remember two recipes my Mom would let me make all by myself: this homemade spaghetti sauce, and our family's favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. My grandma always made her famous spaghetti sauce (with her secret recipe) for his very best birthday dinner. Homemade spaghetti sauce is surprisingly uncomplicated and easy to make. Lots of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs comprise the ingredient list.
My homemade pasta sauce step by step
- In large pot heat oil..
- Add anchovy and cook until it disappears. It will break down..
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in paste and stir, cooking for 2 minutes..
- Add in crushed tomatoes, water, and spices..
- Bring to a low boil, then immediately turn to simmer..
- Stir and cover, cook on simmer for two hours..
- Check and stir every 20 minutes..
- Last, stir in parmesan right before serving..
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.
- Sauce is enough for 1 lb of pasta..
- NOTE......You can make this into a meat sauce by adding 1 lb. very lean ground beef to the cooked paste. Then add in meat, brown, add crushed tomatoes and follow the rest!!! My husband is a meat lover!.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Homemade pasta sauce is super simple to make. Our recipe uses onions, garlic, dried herbs, crushed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar, salt and black pepper. It's almost as easy as using hacks to make store-bought tomato sauce taste better, but making it from scratch allows you to control the ingredients. This Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe is a great way to use all those fresh veggies in your garden! No worries, this sauce can be frozen in Ziploc bags as well!