You can have Annette's Bread using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Annette's Bread
- Prepare 5 C of lukewarm water.
- It's 2/3 C of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 C of yeast.
- You need 1 C of oatmeal, Old Fashioned.
- You need 1/2 C of butter, room temp or microwave from frig for 30 sec.
- It's 6 C of whole wheat flour.
- You need 5-7 C of white bread flour.
- It's 2 T of salt.
Annette's Bread instructions
- Put water, yeast and sugar in mixer bowl and mix until combined. It just takes a few seconds. Let set about 5 minutes until mixture starts to bubble. Add oatmeal, whole wheat flour, butter and 1 C white bread flour and let knead for 2 minutes..
- Add salt and about 3 more cups white bread flour. Knead together, adding flour as needed to reach the desired consistency. The dough should feel 'tacky' but not sticky. Knead about 4 - 5 minutes, until dough feels stretchy..
- Let rise for 25 min. I just let mine rise in the bowl of my Busch mixer. Punch down and divide into 5 equal parts. Form into loaves and place into regular size bread pans. I prefer glass pans. (Spray with pan spray first.) Let rise 25 minutes again in a barely warm oven. I turn it on warm while shaping loaves, then turn it off before putting them in oven to raise. When bread is about one inch above the top of pan, turn oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes..
- Remove from oven, brush top with butter and turn onto clean dish towel until cool..