Vickys Spiced Peaches, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Spiced Peaches, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced Peaches, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 of x 400g can peaches in syrup - drain but reserve syrup.
- It's 3 cloves of per peach (total probably between 18 - 24).
- You need 100 g of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 120 ml of reserved syrup from cans.
- You need 120 ml of water.
- It's 60 ml of white vinegar.
- Prepare 50 g of cinnamon imperials / red hot candies.
Vickys Spiced Peaches, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Place 3 cloves in each peach half and set aside.
- Mix together in a saucepan the sugar, cinnamon imperials, peach syrup, water and vinegar.
- Simmer and stir until the sweets have dissolved.
- Add the peach halves cut side up to the cinnamon syrup and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plastic container, let cool to room temperature, put the lid on and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Prepare several days in advance so the flavours come together. These spiced peaches go well with roast ham, pork and turkey, or serve them with ice cream or custard as a sweet spiced dessert! Extremely versatile.
- Serves 6 - 8 peach halves, 1 per person is ample.