Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise. Home » Vegetarian Main Dishes » Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise. Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise. Roasted Garlic Quinoa with Mushrooms is a memorable side dish (or main dish, if you're like me and it proves irresistible!) This recipe is as simple to make as it sounds.
Greatly enhanced the garlic flavor while accenting the earthyness of the mushrooms. But, if you are looking for a hearty, tasty way to enjoy a big dose of healthy whole grains and veggies, a veggie burger is the way to go. And these quinoa, mushroom, and zucchini veggie burgers are simple, hearty, extremely nutritious and delicious. You can have Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise using 29 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise
- Prepare of Burgers.
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of seasoned panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It's of GARLIC & THYME MAYONNAISE.
- It's 2 clove of garlic, peeled.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It's 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of whole eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It's of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves, chopped.
- It's of Beer Carmelized Onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of sweet onion, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 can of or bottle of your favorite beer (I used Yuengling Lager).
- You need of sliced cheese (I used quesadilla cheese).
- Prepare of Additional Burger fixins.
- It's of of your favorite buns (I used onion buns).
- It's of sliced portabello mushrooms.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
There is a secret to the perfect homemade veggie burger. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup (the rim is important, as the mushrooms release a lot of juices while roasting—use a large baking dish if you don't have a rimmed baking sheet). Make this garlic mushroom quinoa to get going with your healthy and clean eating habits. So easy to prepare and amazingly delicious with only a handful of ingredients.
Mushroom Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Thyme Mayonnaise step by step
- To make the mayonnaise: place the garlic cloves in a saucepan along with the oil. Place over a low heat for 20 minutes to infuse and slowly cook the garlic. Set aside to cool completely..
- Place all of the ingredients except the thyme leaves into a narrow jug or bowl. Use a stick or immersion blender to combine the ingredients. You’ll notice that almost immediately the mayonnaise will begin to emulsify. Blend until combined. Stir in chopped thyme..
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. Refrigerate..
- Mayo shortcut: if you want to save time just use 1 cup helmans mayo, garlic & thyme. Blend well and refrigerate until needed..
- For the burgers: Mix cooled quinoa & panko together in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, soy sauce, garlic & seasonings until well blended. Mix together with ground beef. Chill for 30 minutes and then form into patties. Makes 8 large patties depending on the size of your patties. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- To caramelize the onions: Heat large skillet. Add 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened..
- At this point you want to slowly add the beer, let it cook into the onions, add more and let it cook. Do this until the all of beer is gone or the onions are caramelized to your liking and the beer has evaporated. Remove from the skillet and keep warm..
- Brown mushrooms in 2 tablespoon butter in same frying pan used for onions..
- Broil @ 450°F (or grill) burgers until desired doness is reached..
- Enjoy on fresh buns topped with a slice of cheese, onions, mushrooms and a dollop of garlic & thyme mayonnaise and your favorite burger toppings..
Place in the same bowl as the onions and leave to cool. When quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and add peppers and mushrooms. Squeeze the entire head of garlic cloves into the quinoa, mashing some with a fork and leaving others whole. Place two frying pans on a medium-to-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper in the pan with more oil in, and the streaky bacon in the pan with less oil in.