Marilyn's Bran Muffins.
You can cook Marilyn's Bran Muffins using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marilyn's Bran Muffins
- Prepare 2 c of bran (round pellet type).
- It's 2 c of boiling water.
- It's 1 1/4 c of butter.
- It's 3 c of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 1 Quart of buttermilk.
- It's 5 c of flour.
- Prepare 5 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of salt.
- It's 4 c of bran (long skinny type).
Marilyn's Bran Muffins step by step
- Mix bran (round pellet) and boiling water together, stir, set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, add eggs, stir in slowly buttermilk. Once mixed together stir in pellet bran (moist).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, soda, and salt.
- Slowly add and stir in the flour mixture to the buttermilk/bran mixture until mixed together. Add the long skinny bran, stir by hand..
- The batter can stay in the fridge for a week or so. If you cook it right away, the bran doesn't get soft, it's best to refrigerate st least a couple hours or overnight and then bake in the morning. Marilyn will bake these in mini muffin pans..